Funding for enterprise innovation and R&D and for Industry-University-Research Partnership for Enterprises
Funding for enterprise innovation and R&D
In line with the Macao SAR Government’s policies, FDCT is committed to enhance innovation and R&D in Macao enterprises, create a research-friendly environment, and inspire enterprises to increase their R&D investment through providing financial support, so as to further promote the industry-university-research partnership, facilitate the transformation of scientific research achievements, cultivate emerging industries, and promote the moderately diversified development of related industries in Macao. Funding applications are divided into three types base on applied amount:
- Type A: not exceeding MOP 1,00,000;
- Type B: exceeding MOP 1,000,000, but not exceeding MOP 3,000,000;
- Type C: exceeding MOP 3,000,000, but not exceeding MOP 5,000,000.
- Commercial enterprises that fulfill the following conditions are eligible to submit application:
1.1 Enterprises registered in the Macao SAR for one year or more;
1.2The enterprise is not in arrears with tax and social security contributions (if any) in the Macao SAR.
- In the case of applying for Type A, the applying entity shall fulfill the following conditions:
2.1 50% or more shares of enterprises shall be held by Macao residents;
2.2 No less than three full-time employees;
2.3 In case of full-time employees less than three, the applying entity shall be recommended by a nation-level makerspace established in Macao.
- In the case of applying for Types B or C, the applying entity shall fulfill the following conditions:
3.1 No less than five full-time employees;
3.2 The applying entity shall be an “enterprise engaged in scientific and technological innovation activities” accredited by the “Scientific and Technological Innovation Commercial Enterprise Accreditation Committee” according to law as stipulated in Article 6 of Law No. 1/2021 – “Tax Preference System for Enterprises Engaged in Scientific and Technological Innovation Activities”, or an enterprise previously funded by FDCT, without prejudice to the high-tech enterprise certificationissued by other government departments.
Remarks：The applying enterprise shall invest self-owned R&D funds in a supporting manner, and the amount of investment shall not be less than the amount applied from FDCT.
For more information, please visit the website of FDCT ：
Funding Scheme for Industry-University-Research Partnership for Enterprises
In line with the Macao SAR Government’s policies of science and technology development, this Scheme is devised to encourage enterprises to focus on scientific research and development, facilitate the industry-university-research partnership in tackling technical issues occurring in their production and operation, provide part of the funding of R&D costs to enterprises that have successfully matched with their partners through the Online Industry-University-Research Matching Platform of FDCT, so as to promote the implementation of R&D achievements and solutions.
- Entrepreneurs and commercial enterprises registered in the Macao Special Administrative Region;
- Shares of which held by local residents is 50% or more;
- Have no less than three full-time employees; in case of full-time employees less than three, the applying entity shall be recommended by a nation-level makerspace established in Macao;
- The subject projects shall have successfully established partnership through the Online Industry-University-Research Matching Platform of FDCT, and the technologies applied shall be provided by higher education institutions.
Application and Funding Amount
- Applied amount: not exceed MOP250,000
- The self-owned funds invested by the applying entity: no less than the funding amount
- The fund will be allocated upon project conclusion, and shall be reimbursed for the actual amount in accordance with the conditions provided for in the Funding Agreement.
For more information, please visit the website of FDCT https://www.fdct.gov.mo/en/iurm_saf.html