Pursuant to Paragraph 1 of Article 19-A of Administrative Regulation no. 16/2003 amended by Administrative Regulation no. 36/2018, stakeholders of the first-time applications (for applications to open food/beverage establishments in a completed building unit granted with the appropriate user permit) may apply for a provisional licence for operating food/beverage establishments after the proposed project plan is approved and the establishment decoration work is completed as required in the approved plan.
Application procedures and required documents
- Provisional licence application declaration;
- A statement by the builder/construction company regarding the conformance of the completed project to the project plan;
- A statement by the technician directing the project regarding the conformance of the completed project to the regulations;
- If the establishment is equipped with a fire protection system, a statement by a qualified organisation regarding the sound operation of the fire protection system must be submitted to IAM (see the certificate of fire protection system for reference);
- If the establishment is equipped with fuel/gas equipment, a statement by a qualified organization regarding the source of supply of gas equipment and fuels and a test certificate of gas equipment must be submitted to IAM (see the test certificate of fuel/gas equipment and statement by LPG/fuel suppliers for reference);
- If the establishment is equipped with elevators or other similar equipment, the original, copy and other relevant documents of the valid “Certificate of Safe Operation of Elevators and Similar Equipment” must be submitted to IAM. For details, please refer to the “Guidelines on the Approval, Acceptance Check and Operation of Elevators and Similar Equipment in Private Projects”.
Notes: samples for the above statements and certificates are available from the office of the One-stop Licensing Service for Food and Beverage Establishments of the Municipal Affairs Bureau (IAM), or can be downloaded from IAM’s One-stop Licensing Service website at https://www.iam.gov.mo/onestop-fnb/e/downloadform/list.aspx.
Documents to be presented: the original or a certified copy of the applicant/legal representative’s signed identity documents.
Application fees: free
Stamp duty: not required
Guarantee deposit: MOP 10,000, payable upon approval of the application.
Note: as per Paragraph 5 of Article 19-A of Administrative Regulation no. 16/2003 amended by Administrative Regulation no. 36/2018.
Notes/information for applicants
- Applications are subject to Decree-Law n 16/96/M of 1 April and Administrative Regulation no. 16/2003 amended by Administrative Regulation no. 36/2018;
- The applicants may apply in person or authorise another person to apply on their behalf;
- The completion of the procedure depends on whether the applicant can correct the deficiencies or provide supplementary materials within the designated time;
- The provisional licence cannot be transferred by the same means as a normal licence within its validity period;
- The provisional licence is only issued once within the application period and will not be renewed;
- If the provisional licence has been issued by the one-stop service department as per application by the stakeholder, as stipulated in Article 19-A of Administrative Regulation no. 16/2003 amended by Administrative Regulation no. 36/2018, no provisional licence stipulated in Paragraph 1 of Article 19 of the regulation will be issued.
- According to Article 30 of Decree-Law n 16/96/M of 1 April, similar establishments may open to the public only after obtaining a licence.
- After obtaining a licence, the person in-charge of the establishment should notify the licensing entity of the proposed price list;
- If the applicant is an individual, their original identity document must be presented for verification upon application;
- If the applicant is a legal person, the application form must be signed by the legal representative, and his/her original identity document must be presented for verification; a photocopy of valid business registration certificate (companies registered at the Commerce and Movable Property Registry are exempted from submitting this certificate) and a clear photocopy of the identity document of the company’s legal representative must be submitted.
- The provisional licence can be applied online through the “My Government Account of Macao SAR” mobile application. (The applicant must have a personal or entity account with the “My Government Account of Macao SAR”.)
(Competent department: IAM)