First-time Application (Applicable to the licensing of Food and Beverage establishment that is installed at a completed building or construction unit with the appropriate utilization license)
For applications to open food/beverage establishments in a completed building unit granted with the appropriate user permit.
Application procedure and required documents
- The application form (Form A) (available at the office of the One-stop Licensing Service for Food and Beverage Establishments of the Municipal Affairs Bureau (IAM) and on IAM’s website), and the applicant must sign every page of the downloaded form
- A copy of the menu
- A modification work plan, together with the completed application form to DSSOPT for the modification project (available at the office of the One-stop Licensing Service for Food and Beverage Establishments of IAM and on the IAM’s website)
- The documents and drawings related to the modification work demonstrating the works to be conducted within the unit for business operation, including construction, reconstruction, preservation and renovation as well as the period of the works
- A 1:1000 scale location plan
- A 1:100 scale floor plan, section plan and elevation plan for the following: approved schematics, rectified schematics, and combined schematics
- A 1:100 scale water supply schematic
- A 1:100 scale drainage and sewerage plan, including detailed drawings of the grease interceptor
- A 1:100 scale fire equipment plan
- A 1:100 scale fire protection system plan
- A certified copy of drawings issued by DSSOPT
- A responsibility statement by the technician compiling the modification work plan
- A responsibility statement by the technician directing the project
- A responsibility statement by the technician conducting the project
- The original insurance document of the project
- A memorandum of project description and circuit diagram of the power distribution box for electrical installations (for obtaining the temporary usage licence for electrical installations)
- If the applicant is a natural person, a clear photocopy of the identification document
- If the applicant is a legal person, a photocopy of the valid business registration certificate (companies registered at the Commerce and Movable Property Registry are exempted from submitting this certificate) and a clear photocopy of identification document(s) of the company’s legal representative(s) must be submitted. For applications within 15 days after the company incorporation’s incorporation is signed, a photocopy of the said document or a clear photocopy of the announcement of company incorporation published on the Official Gazette of the Macao SAR is required;
- A statement of the property owner giving consent to the modification project
- The project commencement application form
- Proof of the right to use the establishment (such as: leasing contract and statement);
- IAM’s authorisation statement
- If non-resident workers are employed to work at the establishment, relevant approval documents must be submitted (submission after filing the application is allowed)
- If the name used by the establishment is identical to or causes confusion with that of an existing hotel or a similar establishment, a letter of consent / trademark registration certificate of involved establishment must be submitted
- If the modification is a legalisation project, the applicant is not required to submit the responsibility statement by the technician directing the project, project insurance document and project commencement application form
*One photocopy of each of the above documents must be submitted. During the licence application procedure, the Division of Administrative Licensing may require other supporting materials to be provided based on actual circumstances.
Documents to be presented: the original or a certified copy of the applicant/legal representative’s identity documents with their signature sample.
Application fees: MOP 4,000
Notes: According to Paragraph 2 under Article 23 of Administrative Regulation no. 16/2003 amended by Administrative Regulation no. 36/2018, the procedure fees include fees for the first inspection and issuance of the licence.
Stamp duty: 10% of the procedure fees (MOP 400)
Notes/information for applicants
- Applications are subject to Decree-Law n 16/96/M of 1 April and Administrative Regulation no. 16/2003 amended by Administrative Regulation no. 36/2018.
- Applicants may apply in person or authorise another person to apply on their behalf.
- The completion of the procedure depends on whether the applicant can correct the deficiencies or provide supplementary materials within the designated time.
- The fee for licence renewal upon expiration of the statutory period is MOP 4,000.
- The licence shall be invalidated and revoked if the establishment is closed for one year or more.
- The licence shall be invalidated and revoked if no renewal application is filed for two consecutive years;
- After obtaining a licence, the person-in-charge of the establishment should notify the licensing entity of the proposed price list.
- The application for adding amendment endorsement to the ownership must be filed at the Division of Administrative Licensing by the natural person or legal person accepting the ownership within 60 days after the change occurs.
- According to Article 30 of Decree-Law n 16/96/M of 1 April, similar establishments cannot open to the public until the licence is issued.
- In coordination with the tabulation services launched by DSSOPT on 2 January 2010, licence applications for similar establishments in Category 4 or 5 (food or beverage establishments), as stipulated in Decree-Law n 16/96/M of 1 April or Administrative Regulation no. 16/2003 amended by Administrative Regulation no. 36/2018, shall be filed by completing the proper forms of DSSOPT and is subject to relevant regulations in preparing the documents. Please refer to the DSSOPT website for details.
- If the applicant is an individual, their original identity document must be presented for verification upon
- If the applicant is a legal person, the application form must be signed by the legal representative, and his/her original identity document must be presented for verification; a photocopy of valid business registration certificate (companies registered at the Commerce and Movable Property Registry are exempted from submitting this certificate) and a clear photocopy of the identity document of the company’s legal representative must be submitted.
For more information, please click here